[Wikipedia-l] Brazilian Portuguese

James R. Johnson modean52 at comcast.net
Sun Aug 22 03:58:17 UTC 2004

Plattdeutsch isn't really German...it's Low Saxon, descended from Old Saxon,
a Germanic relative of Old High German and Old English.  It has the one
plural form in the present and past like OE, but shares features of German,
except the Second Consonant Shift.  Swiss is like German Ebonics to me, but
ask a German what he thinks.  Or I will once I move there in a
month...actually...I'll get back to you on that last comment, after I e-mail
one of my fellows at FHK.

James