[Wikipedia-l] Rapid ratification

Stevertigo utilitymuffinresearch2 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 27 19:20:32 UTC 2003

--- tarquin <tarquin at planetunreal.com> wrote:

> I still don't understand why this ratification came
> about --
> *given* that the goal was to have a single logo for
> all pedias, *why*
> give pedis the choice of opting out? Please could
> someone explain the
> reasoning behind this.

I think it was probably important to have some way of
finalizing the vote-- after all the numbercrunching --
(which wont be convincing to the passionate second
placers).
As for allowing certain wikis to opt out-- I think
this was unncessary as well, though I have to think
that the fact that many Wikipedians nowadays dont
speak any English... A single vote on Meta (English)
might represent ten votes on a foreign wiki-- which
allows for a good representative system, although not
formalized.

I think its hasty, myself-- considering we have a
"touch up process proceeding... and ongoing, in fact--
thats why i removed the word 'permanent' from the
front page blurb (in addition to making better line
returns ;)

~S~