[Wikipedia-l] New logo and further process

Gutza gutza at moongate.ro
Fri Sep 26 08:36:01 UTC 2003

Richard Grevers wrote:

> Yay - months of process and what do we get? The worst result - the
> logo that has the biggest technical problems in terms of reproduction
> in other media. Its greyscale version is incredibly unclear because it
> is far too busy.
> You just doubled or tripled the cost of Wikimedia letterhead, folks,
> so everyone who voted for it had better donate extra.

Plus it's horrible. No offence to anyone, the thing already won, so it's
not a matter of offending the author anymore, but that logo stinks big
time. If this is democracy in action, imagine running a country this way.

Gutza

(Before y'all start with me, yes, I had a few logos in the competition
myself, and mine was obviously not chosen, but I would've been happy if
we chose the first runner-up, which is not mine either. That would've
been a logo, and a good one at that IMNSHO. The one we chose is neither
good, and not even a real logo. It's a coloured puzzle ball for Chrissake!)