[Wikipedia-l] Re: Fair use and inline links

Anthere anthere6 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 25 21:19:11 UTC 2003

>I would like to support making impossible to make
some
>inline links on all wikipedias; not english only.

>I understood the en took that decision because of
>goatce.However, as you say, it is not nice for the
>webmaster and the other web site. Besides, the link
>may die. Plus, the reader does not know whether he
may
>benefit the ressource. He might come to believe he
can
>just copy the image, and that one be GFDL. It is
>misleading and dangerous to other one.

>Finally, Alex and
>http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelly_v._Arriba_Soft_Corporation
>indicated that it was not necessarily a good idea to
>use this type of linkage.

So deep is the silence around this proposition of
mine, that I suppose that everybody is in agreement.

So...Brion...could you please remove the possibility
of making online linking from the international
wikipedias please ?

It is a consensus reached by those who worked clearing
up the topic these past 10 days. With no opposing
voices. Thanks.