[Wikipedia-l] Fair use

Anthere anthere6 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 15 00:18:41 UTC 2003

Could anyone knowledgable help us here ?

As a reminder, we were told that, being hosted on a
californian server, we had to respect US law, and not
everyone understand american law :-)

Could anyone explain to us what is fair use for images
?

How precisely it applies. On which types of pictures.
What it implies. Which are the limits. And when we
should consider a picture is fair use and as such may
be inserted. Or not.

I am not looking for an extensive discussion over the
merit of including fair use images or not :-)

Just on which principles we can base our decision
making over keeping or not keeping the images

-------

As a second point, I would like to know precisely why
DW was hard banned.

Anthere