[Wikipedia-l] Cheating on logo voting

Guillaume Blanchard gblanchard at arcsy.co.jp
Mon Sep 8 05:16:23 UTC 2003

> Guillaume-
>
> > I agree and I think we need more time to well organize this second
round.
> Not really. We have more than a week until we start.

I don't think a week is enough to clear all discussion and evaluate all
solutions, but let's try.

> > Rules for the second round are already decided (in details, not only
vote
> > system) ?
>
> For the most part, yes. I don't think there will be any major changes. I
> have just set the deadline for the method to Sep 12 so there will be three
> days of time to translate the voting instructions.

I only see a "logo vote system" vote. Who decide the other points?

Even if we have to use Average method (not my favorite method) for that, I
think we must create pages to vote on:

* Rules for submission

* Deadlines (too short imho)

* Logo vote method (pending...)

* Cheat handling

For submission I think we have better to have one main page with only the
author favorite logo (1 logo) plus a link to one page per logo with all
variants.

> > Do we vote for a concept or for a final logo ?
>
> You vote for a final logo. There may be a need to make a transparent
> version or a larger one, but no significant changes to the winning logo
> will be made without clear consensus.

If we vote for a final logo we need a lot of variant, isn't it?

We can like a logo concept but prefer a different color, font text,
contrast, frame style, etc.

For example, I see a lot of interesting logos variants in the Paullus page
(made by him?) and I think it may be great if we can vote for all those
variants (and new ones).

Imho, encourage wikipedians to propose new logos variants, is a better way
to get the logo witch satisfy the most people. Sure, finalists' authors must
select themselves witch logos are in accord with there own concept.

> > In other term do we have for
> > each variant of a logo or just for a concept ?
>
> You vote on each variant.

This must avoid FPTP method that disfavor logo with the more variants.

> > What is the solutions to reduce vote cheating ?
>
> You need a user page on Meta that points to an account with at least 10
> legitimate edits.

Who will check each user to see if (s)he done at least 10 edits ? What about
people who contribute anonymously ?

> Regards,
>
> Erik

Aoineko