[Wikipedia-l] Wikimedia.de?

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Sat Sep 6 16:16:40 UTC 2003

Maveric149 wrote:

>Could somebody who sprechen German take a look at this?
>http://wikimedia.de/bin/view/Main/WebHome
>Have they been around as a wiki before our Wikimedia came into existence?

Their version of Recentchanges,
<http://wikimedia.de/bin/search/Main/SearchResult?search=%5C.*&scope=topic&order=modified&reverse=on&regex=on&nosearch=on>,
suggests that it's been around since 2001.
But it obviously was just in testing stages then.
They don't even seem to have contained the word "Wikimedia" until 2003 July 10:
<http://wikimedia.de/bin/rdiff/Main/WebHome>.

This is the person that we should contact:
<http://wikimedia.de/bin/view/Main/RaDaR>.
This unwiki wiki won't allow anonymous posts,
but somebody could get an account there and ask,
or there are some email addresses to try.
This RaDaR guy seems to know English just fine,
but an approach in German might be even better.

-- Toby