[Wikipedia-l] Vote on voting method for final round

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Fri Sep 5 08:30:20 UTC 2003

Because there were strong objections from one participant against using
average (range) voting, which was already successfully used for our
article count reform, for the final voting round on the logos, there is
now a FPTP vote in progress on which voting method to use:

http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_logo_vote/
Vote_on_voting_method

And no, I am not particularly fond of that vote either, but I don't want
to be accused of ruthlessly exploiting my position of incredible power as
organizer of this world shattering contest to impose upon millions of
Wikipedians the voting standard which I prefer, so please do take the
opportunity to vote for a mind numbingly complex process that isn't used
in any real world election (because people already can't distinguish
between the names on their ballot and will certainly not understand the
method used to determine a Condorcet winner) if that's what makes you
happy. Note, however, that I will not take part in a solution with which I
do not agree, so that all blame for the disaster that will inevitably
ensue rests solely on the shoulders of the individuals responsible for
causing it.

Regards,

Erik