[Wikipedia-l] protected pages

Joachim Kerschbaumer email at joachim.net
Mon Sep 1 14:34:01 UTC 2003

Ilyanep <ilyanep at yahoo.com> schrieb am 01.09.2003, 16:07:02:
> I'm a sysop, and I don't want people messing up certain pages under my user page
> The reason I'm asking this is that I have a few friends who I want to see my
> 'article' under my user page and they're all anon's on wikipedia, and
> there's a big chance that they'll mess it up and leave (never wanting to
> come back so blocking isn't an option!)

You could also show them how Wikipedia has a "self-healing" process,
where vandalism is watched and reverted. They can try to vandalise, and
they will see, that after some time the page is back as it was (and they
will give up ;-)
And maybe, by letting them try, they will come back to wikipedia because
they like the idea.
If you stop them from editing from the beginning, they will surely not
get the Idea of Wikipedia.

Give us the link to your pages, so many eyes will watch vandalism and
revert it ;-)

Fantasy :-)