[Wikipedia-l] Re: Sysop nomination

Thomas Corell T.Corell at t-online.de
Sat Jun 14 10:08:43 UTC 2003

Karl Eichwalder wrote:

> No, that's not what I want ;-) Such a change would not fix the problem
> for all the other (anonymous) editors.  Perhaps it's just the title
> ("sysop") I don't like.  I would agree with something called "advanced
> editor" or "senior editor", though.

Well, the "sysop" is a code-word used in the DB. As well as "developer" or
"bot".

How that's called inside the Wiki depends of all those interested users, no
  reason exists not to change the 'title'. We can use e.g. 'slave' (annonym
user),  'folk' (reg. Users), 'public servant'* (sysop) etc. or something
else. Or "clueless editor", "advanced editor", "senior editor" as you seems
to prefere ;)

Don't bother about this small details.

*I miss the Translation for the german 'Arsch vom Dienst'.
--
Smurf

smurf at AdamAnt.mud.de