[Wikipedia-l] Re: Fair use (Was: Static html)

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Sun Jun 1 23:51:52 UTC 2003

There's been a discussion for the past couple of days on <wikitech-l>
about copyright policy on Wikipedia (all languages,
but mostly focussing on [[en:]], [[de:]], and [[pl:]] for examples).
This grew out of a real technical question
(«Why doesn't the download tarball include images?»),
but it quickly turned into a policy discussion.

Thus, I'll be placing my replies to this thread here shortly,
and I encourage anybody interested in this to look at <wikitech-l>:
<http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2003-May/thread.html#4163>
and <http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2003-June/thread.html>,
or look for the Subject: lines appearing in this post.

-- Toby