[Wikipedia-l] Do we really need a Sifter project?

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 27 10:23:37 UTC 2003

Ulrich Fuchs wrote:
>We are not talking about a "checked by" for a
>stable version within Wikipedia, we are talking
>about seperate articles (e.g. in the domain
>www.nupedia.org) that were taken out of the
>Wikipedia, copyedited and then placed under
>a new label.

Just like anybody else who uses our content:
http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Sites_that_use_Wikipedia_for_content

Except all changes are made on Wikipedia - Wikipedia benefits and gets full
credit.

>Do I understand it right, that you declare this
>attempt to be failed right now?

I you are talking about the way things are done on Wikipedia right now then I
would have to certainly disagree - Wikipedia has been an astounding success.

But it still is is in an unstable state - the content will even be more useful
if checked and certified. This can be done in different ways - it is healthy
to discuss those.

-- mav