[Wikipedia-l] Do we really need a Sifter project?

Delirium delirium at rufus.d2g.com
Sat Jul 26 21:31:08 UTC 2003

I like the idea of a Sifter project, and it would be a necessary
prerequisite for a future publication of Wikipedia in paper form, if
anybody ever wished to do such a thing.  It also might be an indication
to people that they can treat the articles like "real" encyclopedia
articles, and do things like cite them in papers, whereas in the current
state of Wikipedia everything always has to be taken with a grain of
salt (even a Sifter-approved article would have to be taken skeptically
of course, but not quite as skeptically).

-Mark