[Wikipedia-l] Do we really need a Sifter project?

Marco Krohn marco.krohn at gmx.de
Sat Jul 26 18:30:58 UTC 2003

On Saturday 26 July 2003 18:32, Thomas R. Koll wrote:

> A few days ago I suggested at the German a voting system, like 5 admins or
> 20 user yes-votes (for German WP) and the article goes from the candidate
> list to the brilliant prose page. It could be automated and also the links
> to BP could be marked with a star so the reader knows that this link is
> BP. A new table for the BP would be necessary I think.

what makes me a bit afraid that this method does not necessarily involve
someone who is an expert in the field. Articles like
[[Überlichtgeschwindigkeit]] (see german wikipedia) got several positive
votes where I would claim that everyone who has some insight in the topic
would never agree that this is an excellent article.

I did not read your suggestion, where can I find it?

best regards,
  Marco