[Wikipedia-l] Re: Wikis and uniformity

Rotem Dan rotem_dan at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 19 20:09:20 UTC 2003

Erik Moeller wrote:

> If you want an "independent internet website", set up your own one.
> However, I doubt that the majority of the Hebrew users shares your
> feelings.

I am sick of discussing this. But that was actually proposed, not by
myself (by another user, because of lag and time zone problems, mostly).

Yes be surprised as I strongly support being a part of Wikimedia, I
strongly support all articles to be released under GFDL, and written,
hopefully from NPOV. I strongly encourage users of the Hebrew 'pedia to
read and post on the mailing lists.

I do support having (some) uniform Logo for all languages, but I don't
think that all wiki users feel good about Hobbes' quote. And by the way,
I declared I will not vote for any specific logo.

 From the Hebrew pedia's [[Wikipedia:Administrators]] page I wrote
(translated from hebrew):

"These users should not be seen as any authority on this site, decisions
that relate to policies, site-wide issues etc. are done democratically,
with an emphasis on consensus from all users. Administrators will only
engage in keeping the site from vandalism and deleting inappropriate
content (such as gibberish articles, dictionary definitions, copyright
infrigiments etc.)"

from
http://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D7%95%D7%99%D7%A7%D7%99%D7%A4%D7%93%D7%99%D7%94:%D7%9E%D7%A4%D7%A2%D7%99%D7%9C_%D7%9E%D7%A2%D7%A8%D7%9B%D7%AA

Please stop mischaracterizing my intentions every time I say something
you don't agree with, and yes I do think different wikis should be
allowed to have a unique personality.

Rotem