[Wikipedia-l] Re: Wikipedia-l Digest, Vol 1, Issue 1304

Anthere anthere6 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 29 00:09:51 UTC 2003

Message: 7
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 14:11:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: Daniel Mayer <maveric149 at yahoo.com>
Subject: [Wikipedia-l] Re: logo
To: wikipedia-l at Wikipedia.org

Anthere wrote:
>Erik, I find 7 days to be a very short time
>(again, not to insist too much, but school
>has not restarted yet, many people are still
>on holidays, sorry Mav :-)). Is there a
>special reason you chose such a short time ?

Either Europeans take too many holidays or Americans
don't take enough of them. :-) Either way, 7 days is
not enough.

--mav

Dare I add something ?

Perhaps you guys know that some european countries are
suffering economical troubles right now. Among which
Germany and France. We are old nations, and in spite
of  my peers trying to make three babies instead of
two, we will have problems financing...hum...our
parents retirements (ours, likely, will not exist at
all :-)

It is my understanding Germany suggested an off day be
removed, which could bring some immediate money from
working revenues for one day among 365 days. It is
also my understanding that german people accepted
that.

Now, our crazy politicians have decided to import the
same thing in France and to "steal" one of our
beautiful off-day in may (may is a very pleasurable
month). One guy even suggested removing two. Grrrrr.

Debate is upon the day which will be removed.
Either it is a catholic celebration day
Or it is the WWII commemoration day

I wonder which one would be best...