[Wikipedia-l] PayPal is set up

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Thu Aug 21 20:04:03 UTC 2003

donation at wikipedia.org is the correct email address to use.

I think that's all you need to know.

Tomorrow I will set up a web page on wikimedia.org (the foundation
website) with a variety of buttons and what-not to use, but there's no
reason you can't get started now if you like.  At least initially, all
funds will go towards the new server(s) that I'm shopping for -- the
more you give, the more you get.  :-)

Also, I'm talking to a few different merchant account processors, so
that we can get our own merchant account and save on fees.  But via
PayPal, we can accept money already via credit card, and in U.S.,
Canadian, Euros, Pounds Sterling, and Yen.

Although it isn't as full global as I would like, Paypal is available
to people in the United States and 38 countries, including:

    * Anguilla
    * Argentina
    * Australia
    * Austria