[Wikipedia-l] How does this website work?

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Tue Aug 12 14:53:31 UTC 2003

Vicki Rosenzweig wrote:
> It's hardly surprising that someone
> might not immediately recognize how Wikipedia works.

I have a confession.  I barely know how it works, myself.  Since I
gave up editing almost completely, so that I might function as a
neutral moderator to assist people with disputes, and so that my own
admittedly extreme political views (libertarian) wouldn't seem in some
way 'favored', many new features have been added, and whenever I do
edit (rarely, and sometimes anonymously, *gasp*!), I find myself a
little bit baffled as to what to do.

[[How to edit a page]] is very helpful, though, if a bit long.

--Jimbo