[Wikipedia-l] Ambassadors needed for Wikimedia's first press release

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 13 05:44:41 UTC 2003

Unfortunately Jimbo doesn't speak every language that Wikipedia is in. What is
needed, are people who are fluent in both English and another language to act
as intermediaries between Jimbo and foreign language (to Jimbo) press
services.

It would be very unfortunate and embarrassing for all involved if Jimbo
answered his phone and couldn't understand the reporter at the other end and
they could not understand him. So please help by placing your name at
http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia's_first_press_release#Ambassadors_needed

We are also still looking for more translators. Polish, Swedish, Danish, and
Dutch are specifically mentioned and linked to in the press release, but so
far nobody has volunteered to translate the press release into those
languages. I think that doing so would be a great service to especially those
Wikipedia versions. Of course, this press release is mainly about the whole
project, so all versions are encouraged to translate the press release and
distribute it when the time comes.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)