[Wikipedia-l] what people I know have to say about anglicization

Tom Parmenter tompar at world.std.com
Mon Nov 25 22:56:54 UTC 2002

We the peoples of the formerly well-known nations of Shqiperi,
Al-Jaza-ir, Hayastan, Druk-yul, Zhongguo, Hrvatska, Kalaalit Nunaat,
Misr, Eesti, Viti, Ellas, al'Urdan, Choson Minjujuui In'min
Konghwaguk, Taehan-Min'guk, Dhivehi Jumhuriya, Pyidaungsu Myanma
Naingngandaw, and Aotearoa would prefer not to get lost, actually, so
no thanks.

You'd never get all our little marks right in your barbaric typefaces,
so we're happy being known to you as Albania, Algeria, Armenia,
Bhutan, China, Croatia, Greenland, Egypt, Estonia, Fiji, Greece,
Jordan, North Korea, South Korea, the Maldives, Myanmar, and New
Zealand.