[Wikipedia-l] Suggestions #4

Tei 421621 at ingta.unizar.es
Mon Mar 4 12:28:52 UTC 2002

// Suggestion #4:  Avatar Evil Suggestion

 I like the actual look & feel of Wikipedia. But.. Can be improved with
icons views of data. You can visually pack more info with icons, helping
people sorting and finding information.

 Icons view of older versions of files.
 Icon for Talk
 Icon for users edit this page ( with avatars? )

I suggest this looks and feel:
  - windows 95 big icons view
  - winjabber buddylist view
  - etc..

1 saludo
Tei RatBert

At 20:50 1/03/02 -0800, you wrote:

>>I think the hosting of the server should be left to Jimbo to decide.
>>But what I'd really like to see is something like groove.net, where I
>>can keep an offline copy on my own computer, edit articles locally,
>>and sync the changes with the server the next time I'm online.  I'm
>>not on a modem connection, but I'm moving with my laptop and wireless
>>LAN between home, workplaces and cafes.  This of course would be a
>>major software change.  Some two-way synchronization protocol (like
>>unison) would be needed.
>
>what if someone else edits your article after you last see it?  how would
the software reconcile different edits from the same point?  i rather
prefer the current system, where you can go in and choose the best bits of
each to save.  I don't foresee software being that sophisticated within our
lifetimes.  maybe you have some ideas about it.