[Wikipedia-l] Serious bugs in "move page" function!

Karen AKA Kajikit kaji at labyrinth.net.au
Mon Jun 17 00:00:20 UTC 2002

"Brion L. VIBBER" wrote:

> The "move this page" feature currently has a bug that resets the
> timestamp for all old edits to the current time. Another bug in the
> history list function causes most of the edits to disappear when looking
> at the history for a page that has been moved this way, as the edits
> were being sorted by timestamp... the edit that should terminate the
> list comes up first instead, and it's prematurely cut off.
>
> I've just submitted to CVS fixes for these to special_movepage.php and
> special_dohistory.php; I highly recommend that at least these two files
> be updated on the running 'pedia as soon as possible, and that people
> refrain from using the "move" feature until this is done.
>
> Note that old edits and authorship information are _not_ lost from the
> database, but the times that the edits were made are lost.

Darn... and it's such a handy function too. Hope it's fixed soon.

--

Karen AKA Kajikit

You can take the dragon out of Alfandra, but you can never take Alfandra
out of the dragon (or the Kitty)...

Come and visit my part of the web:
Kajikit's Corner: http://Kajikit.netfirms.com/
Allergyfree Eating Recipe Swap: