[Wikipedia-l] Serious bugs in "move page" function!

Brion L. VIBBER brion at pobox.com
Sun Jun 16 22:38:14 UTC 2002

The "move this page" feature currently has a bug that resets the
timestamp for all old edits to the current time. Another bug in the
history list function causes most of the edits to disappear when looking
at the history for a page that has been moved this way, as the edits
were being sorted by timestamp... the edit that should terminate the
list comes up first instead, and it's prematurely cut off.

I've just submitted to CVS fixes for these to special_movepage.php and
special_dohistory.php; I highly recommend that at least these two files
be updated on the running 'pedia as soon as possible, and that people
refrain from using the "move" feature until this is done.

Note that old edits and authorship information are _not_ lost from the
database, but the times that the edits were made are lost.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)