[Wikipedia-l] "Copyright violation" question (just the opposite of what you think)

Steve Callaway sjc at easynet.co.uk
Wed Jul 31 14:04:04 UTC 2002

Hmm. Well, in a way I think we should be much more proactive in checking
copyright. It will also help to highlight deficient articles (the Tsvetaeva
one which was considered initially problematic was a stinker).

I have done a major refactoring of the Tsvetaeva article today; it will be
interesting to see whether this one gets "borrowed" at any point. There were
a number of factual inaccuracies in the original article, + a lot of hearsay
evidence and these have now been corrected. It is also an altogether more
balanced and encyclopaedic piece, concentrating on the specifics rather than
my own take on things.