[Wikipedia-l] I'm moving and will be unavailable for a while!

Larry Sanger lsanger at nupedia.com
Fri Jan 18 08:55:48 UTC 2002

My new bride and are moving to Columbus, Ohio (where I went to grad school
and taught fiddle, among other things).  We're actually renting a moving
van and driving it there.  It'll take up to four days, and we're leaving
Sunday or Monday, so I'll be out of contact for the most part (and
possibly entirely) from the 20th through the 23rd or so, at least.  Then
of course there are the many moving-related tasks to do in Columbus.  So,
while I'll try to be in touch, and if necessary I'll try to be on hand as
much as I can, I probably won't be able to devote *nearly* as much time in
the near future as I've been able to in the past many months.

The press release hasn't immediately caught the attention of any
significant press sources, but there's still some chance that we'll see
news articles that could bring a lot of traffic in the next week.
Nupedia's first press release didn't immediately generate a lot of press,
either, so it'd be premature even at this point to conclude Wikipedia's
press release was a dud.  I guess what I'm a little afraid of is that I'll
be midway through Arkansas or someplace like that, and you (one or many of
you) are having to call out the Militia.  :-)  Actually, I don't think my
absence in such a case would be at all a disaster, and it would be pretty
arrogant of me to think that it would be.  Still, I'd hate to miss it.  I
do definitely trust you all could handle it, anyway, with or without me.

Of course, my e-mail address will not change through this move.

Larry