[Wikipedia-l] Article statistics

João Mário Miranda jmiranda at explicacoes.com
Fri Jan 18 00:19:40 UTC 2002

Article statistics

      There are 35531 pages in the database.
      There are 3398 Talk pages.
      There are 25162 pages with a comma that are not Talk pages.
      There are 438 that have "ikipedia" in the title and are not Talk
pages.
      There are 2337 subpages that are not Talk pages.
      That means there are about 24724 articles, including subpages
(except Talk).
      Or, there are about 22387 articles, not counting any subpages!
      Finally, there are about 6971 junk pages :-(
      And, there are old page versions in the database, giving an
average of 0 old pages on every active
      page.

Joao
http://www.nonio.com
Jimmy Wales wrote:

> Larry Sanger wrote:
> > For all I know, we should go live with this ASAP.  Maybe all of the
> > outstanding issues are so minor that we can easily live with them, and
> > that we'd all benefit more from having the new software running than from
> > aiming for an impossible perfection.
>
> My current thinking, just so everyone knows, is that unless we see any
> "showstoppers" that must be fixed before we move, and unless those
> "showstoppers" are so difficult that we can't fix them before Monday,
> we will go live with this on the English Wikipedia on Monday.
>
> At that time, http://test.wikipedia.com/ will be reborn as the new
> copy of http://pl.wikipedia.com/, and we'll make sure that their
> issues are taken care of -- in a portable way.
>
> After that, and I hope that will only take a couple of days really, we
> will probably do Esperanto next -- it might not be as active as German
> or Spanish, I'm not sure, but Brion Vibber is good at
> internationalization issues, and Esperanto raises some special issues
> that we will want to solve ASAP.
>
> For all the inactive wikis, we'll just "blindly" import the data, but
> with confidence that it will be o.k., because we have other languages
> working, and take it from there.
>
> --Jimbo
> [Wikipedia-l]
> To manage your subscription to this list, please go here:

joão
http://www.nonio.com
http://www.explicacoes.com