[Wikipedia-l] Copyright notices

Mark Christensen mchristensen at HTEC.com
Thu Feb 7 00:27:56 UTC 2002

I think this is exactly the issue in question.

Are we donating the copyrights to bomis or not?

Regardless of what we decide on the issue, unless wikipedia becomes a legal
entity the text will have to be changed.  If we decide to donate copyright,
the text should read something like:

 [ ] "I own the copyright to this file, and I hearby assign it to Bomis,
inc."

Then there should be an included check box which says:

 [ ] "This file is in the public domain."

If we decide not to assign copyright to bomis, it should read like the new
text and say:

 [ ] "I hereby affirm that this file is in the public domain, or that I own
the copyright for this file and make it avalable under GNU FDL."