[Wikipedia-l] Upgrades finished

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Sat Feb 2 01:23:09 UTC 2002

We are now running:

Linux 2.4.17
Apache 1.3.23
Php 4.1.1
mod_fastcgi 2.2.12

And the latest version of wikipedia that Magnus sent me earlier today.

Also, the machine has been upgraded from 512 megabytes of memory to 1
gigabyte of memory.

It is hoped that this will improve our performance, perhaps
substantially.

I'm in the process of rolling upgrades to all my servers, bumping them all
up to 2 gig, and in some cases beyond.  Wikipedia will eventually benefit
from that.

In the meantime, everyone please keep the bug reports flowing, or even better,
check out the CVS on sourceforge and send in patches.  :-)

--Jimbo