[Wikipedia-l] Helga again

Julie Hofmann Kemp juleskemp at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 31 18:59:15 UTC 2002

For the record, I don't think that Helga is particularly anti-Semitic --
although she often comes off that way.  My take is that she pretty much
discounts anything that distracts from or in any way disproves her
assertion that non-Jewish Germans were the biggest victims of WWII.  For
her the Holocaust is minor -- as are the Stalinist purges that ran into
the tens of millions -- except those directed towards the
Heimatvertriebene.   This also keeps her from seeing that there may have
been long-standing resentments caused by German actions over a long
period of time and began well before Hitler -- not that this is a reason
for genocide or any other wartime or post-war atrocity.  She just seems
incapable of seeing any of this in context because she's got her own
agenda that borders on obsession.

It's because she can't see context that the rest of us have to judge and
weigh what she says in terms of the big picture, and then make sure that
it gets appropriate mention -- but sometimes not at all is appropriate.

Jules