[Wikipedia-l] Purging vandalism

lcrocker at nupedia.com lcrocker at nupedia.com
Thu Aug 29 19:34:53 UTC 2002

>lcrocker at nupedia.com writes:
>> interstingly, he also seems to have made exactly one legitimate
>> edit, which is still here

> Just out of interest, what was it?

A spelling fix on "Enigma".

Pierre's point is a good one--if someone complained to his ISP,
their investigation would not see the purged history (though as
I said, I can produce them from backups if needed).  I don't know
of any AUPs up-to-date enough to cover wiki vandalism.  Maybe a
general "posting obscene content" or something might cover it.

If someone did complain to Shaw cable, and they respond to you
asking for evidence, I'll be happy to provide it.  In fact, I'll
bet they would generally expect such material to have been
removed, and would request information from logs and backups.