[Wikipedia-l] Helga Jonat on [[Berlin]]

Karen AKA Kajikit kaji at labyrinth.net.au
Mon Aug 26 09:20:49 UTC 2002

Jimmy Wales wrote:

> Jens Frank wrote:
> > Oh, I didn't want to suggest to denounce her, I just don't want
> > Jimbo to be arrested when occasionally entering Germany ...
>
> *grin* That's a very very good thing.
>
> I'm talking via email with Helga.  It is not going very well.  I feel
> that I will not be able to change her mind directly.  I have told her
> not to post anything further about WWII, Poland, Germany, Judaism, or
> related topics until we get this straightened out.
>
> I am not inclined, as everyone knows, towards bans.  But if someone has
> an agenda and is completely uncooperative, well, I'm just not sure how
> much we can stand.

I haven't tried to 'fix' her articles because I know bugger all about
German history, but I'd say that everyone has had their patience tried
long enough. She is not a useful contributor - she's a kook who wants to
use the wikipedia to push her private bandwagon, which just so happens
to have no relationship to the facts. I'm the first to admit to having
my own little wagon that I'm pushing on the wikipedia, but most of us
pay SOME attention to the NPOV philosophy and make sure that what we are
contributing is based on fact, not some loonytunes supposition.

I would vote to ban her just for the sake of everyone else's sanity.
When you've tried reasoning and you've tried persuading and you've tried
asking nicely it's time for a little old-fashioned force.

--

Karen AKA Kajikit

And on the seventh day, God said 'What my world needs is a creature that
will truly appreciate it in all its facets' -
and so He made the kitten.

Come and visit my part of the web:
Kajikit's Corner: http://Kajikit.netfirms.com/
Allergyfree Eating Recipe Swap: