[Wikipedia-l] Page deletion policy

Karen AKA Kajikit kaji at labyrinth.net.au
Sun Aug 25 09:05:48 UTC 2002

Stephen Gilbert wrote:

> --- Toby Bartels <toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > I think that this needs to be straightened out,
> > and the language on the page may need to be
> > clarified.
> > IMO, pages with no content but with reasonable
> > titles
> > are the worst of all, when they are linked from
> > other articles.
> > The reader wastes time following links to useless
> > pages;
> > the writer doesn't write an article that might be
> > sorely needed.
> > [[Special:Mostwanted]], in particular, becomes
> > skewed.
>
> I agree with you. No content pages with good titles
> should be deleted.

I think you mean that pages with a 'good title' but no content, should
be deleted! I agree. There's a difference between a stub which contains
some actual useful information and has the hope of expansion, and a page
with just a title and nothing else. I've been making it my business to
try to stay ahead of the entries with 'zero' byte length and other
gibberish, but when I can I try to extend the pathetic little stubs a
little rather than removing them. It's not hard to tell what's
'nonsense'...

--

Karen AKA Kajikit

And on the seventh day, God said 'What my world needs is a creature that
will truly appreciate it in all its facets' -
and so He made the kitten.

Come and visit my part of the web:
Kajikit's Corner: http://Kajikit.netfirms.com/
Allergyfree Eating Recipe Swap: