[Wikipedia-l] Meet and greet

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Fri Aug 23 19:32:26 UTC 2002

I'm sure we're all sorry (er, um, glad!) to hear about Mav's new job.

I've been greeting new users occasionally, and as of today I've started copying Mav's meet-and-greet template. I can't promise 3 hours a day of anti-vandalism patrol, but I do browse Recent Changes frequently.

I enjoy encouraging newbies with praise and guidance, and I don't mind cleaning up after the uninitiated. But if they refuse to listen, I won't hesitate to make 'em stand in the corner (see [[child time-out]]).

Ed Poor