[Wikipedia-l] Links

Brion VIBBER brion at pobox.com
Thu Aug 22 06:57:54 UTC 2002

Steve Callaway wrote:
> I have noticed something over the last few days; it may not be be a bug so I
> am hesitant to raise it as such however it does represent a change in
> behaviour. Items I have visited no longer remain highlighted in e.g. the
> Recent Changes page. Given the volume of throughput we now get, I found just
> flicking  down and noting them would enable me to see articles I was
> involved which had changed in at a glance. This no longer appears to the
> case.

Is this happening continuously, or just to items that you last visited
prior to the afternoon of the 15th (in which case the URLs have changed
from www.wikipedia.com to www.wikipedia.org, and your browser will not
recognize them as the same)?

If you want to be sure to see changes to articles that you might be
interested in, may I recommend using the Watchlist? Pages that you have
added to your watchlist (click "Watch this page") appear in bold in the
Recentchanges list, even if you log in on a different computer or with a
different browser. (You must be logged in for it to keep track, naturally.)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)