[Wikipedia-l] Re: Regnal resource

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 20 19:21:33 UTC 2002

>I think we should set a precendent that such
>acknowledgements go on the Talk page, not in
>the main article.  As long as they are posted
>at the top of the talk page, with discussion
>below, and not deleted if discussion is
>refactored, I think we will meet all our
>credit obligations without limiting our
>ability to edit text.

I agree. There is no need to clutter the main article
with source links when most of the info at the link is
already included in the Wikipedia article. This method
of attribution is also what I have been doing for the
element articles. See:
http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Magnesium Of
course, also citing your sources in the edit summary
is a good idea to prevent mistaken accusations of
copyright infringement. I don't think the author
intends to place the text into the public domain
though so we shouldn't imply that. Perhaps it is time
for somebody to make a [[Wikipedia:Open content
resources]] page for this type of resource.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)