[Wikipedia-l] a minor but disconcerting 'bug' in move page

Karen AKA Kajikit kaji at labyrinth.net.au
Tue Aug 20 11:53:40 UTC 2002

When you move a page it generates a message that says 'X' page moved to
'Y'... but if there are any spaces in the title it leaves them out so
'Ancient Rome' apparantly becomes 'AncientRome'. So of course if you try
to access the page via the link you can't because it takes you to a
blank edit screen! Like I said, disconcerting, because it made me think
I'd managed to 'lose' several long entries before I worked out what was
going on. If you go to the recent changes screen the correct title has
actually been generated.

--

Karen AKA Kajikit

And on the seventh day, God said 'What my world needs is a creature that
will truly appreciate it in all its facets' -
and so He made the kitten.

Come and visit my part of the web:
Kajikit's Corner: http://Kajikit.netfirms.com/
Allergyfree Eating Recipe Swap: