[Wikipedia-l] New "Recent Changes" format

Brion VIBBER brion at pobox.com
Fri Aug 16 01:30:46 UTC 2002

Jan Hidders wrote:
> I miss a line that says that I am currently looking the last 50 or the ones
> in the last 3 days.
>
> It took me a minute or so to realize what the articles with the name '"'
> were. So I'm not sure if that is really so intuitive. :-) Is that on purpose
> or was it just easier to program? Perhaps an unlinked "idem" in italics?

Or perhaps "(previous edit)" or some such, linking conveniently to that
edit?

It might also make sense to take the (diff) and (hist) links away on the
sub-items. If the diff links were specific they might be nice, but it
certainly makes no sense to a bunch of links to the exact same history
list... but mainly, it would set things off distinctively if you could
indent them instead.

Also, the list keeps getting interrupted with huge date headers whenever
it comes across an old edit from a previous day or vice-versa.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)