[Wikipedia-l] New "Recent Changes" format

The Cunctator cunctator at kband.com
Fri Aug 16 00:00:37 UTC 2002

On 8/15/02 7:49 PM, "lcrocker at nupedia.com" <lcrocker at nupedia.com> wrote:

> Please go look at
>
> http://www.piclab.com/newwiki/wiki.phtml
>
> and give me feedback on the way it does "Recent changes".  There's
> still a bit of work to do on things like user settings for it,
> doing the same thing to the watchlist, and so on, but the page
> itself should be done and I'd like to get some reactions.

One thing: please add a bold R for pages that are redirects. There needs to
be a page explaining minor edits, multiple edits, non-articles.

I don't really like the "non-articles" designation. Not entirely sure what a
better one would be, though. Maybe meta-pages. Or "secondary namespaces".
Would like the option to see recent changes more than 3 days.

I'd like to be able to see only new pages. That could be a separate page,
using the same Recent Changes engine.

For the User Contributions, I'd like to be able to see pages created by the
user.

-tc