[Wikipedia-l] Deletion training.

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia-l at math.ucr.edu
Thu Aug 15 08:53:11 UTC 2002

A new sysop (not Andre) has been deleting redirect pages
simply because nothing links to them anymore.
For example, [[Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints]].
(The correct spelling is "Latter-day".)
This violates a deletion guideline that I think is a good idea.

I'll take this up on the deleters [[User talk:]] page.
But for the mailing list, do old sysops need to give
new sysops pointers on how to delete pages and what to delete?
It seems that new sysops always make the same mistakes,
even though admittedly nobody shocked as as much as Andre.

(Or alternatively, are the deletion guidelines wrong,
and these aren't mistakes?)

-- Toby Bartels
   <toby+wikipedia-l at math.ucr.edu>