[Wikipedia-l] Automated Article Submission

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Thu Aug 8 17:22:49 UTC 2002

Regarding the drip-feed idea:

>I intend to drip-feed the finished articles in at a rate of one every 20
>minutes, allowing lots of time for human review and assimilation, once
>I think that there is a consensus that this is OK.

Is there a way to label automatic submissions? If you could somehow fill in the summary field, we could see "(automated upload)" or something similar on the Recent Changes page. Then those of us interested in such articles could see them easily.

Or how about logging in as "Easton Bible Robot" so we could look at its "contributions" page?

We have all sorts of tools for making and viewing an audit trail. Let's use them.

Ed Poor