[Wikipedia-l] Short notes re: Kurt's message

Kurt Jansson jansson at gmx.net
Tue Aug 6 22:29:26 UTC 2002

> Kurt -- I looked at some of Helga's stuff on the German wikipedia.
I'm
> not sure what you think, Kurt, but my opinion is that her stuff is
much
> less controversial.

My problem is, that I don't know enough about that part of Polish/German
history to judge Helgas articles. That's why I asked for help.

> Perhaps she doesn't think the Truth is being hidden from Germans?

Maybe. But then she doesn't know my 1968-influenced history teachers :-)
I think revisionistic views are more and more dying out in Germany. My
father also is a displaced person, and he's much more forgiving about
these things than my grandfather was. And I am not even interested into
those questions very much. I know that I trust very much in what I
learned at school, but I also know that arguing about these things is
very difficult without having direct access to historic sources.

> She writes more fluidly in German, too - no surprise
> there, but it also isn't IMHO ''korrektes Hochdeutsch''.

No, she writes a bit complicated sometimes, somehow oldfashioned.

> It would be great if a couple other German speakers -- especially
> natives -- could also look.

That whould be nice.

Kurt