[Wikipedia-l] Francis Bacon

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Tue Aug 6 17:37:55 UTC 2002

I've been working through the Francis Bacon article, mostly wikifying
and reducing the wordy prose of the 1911 Encyclopedia.  The version that
we have is of course identical to the on-line version put up to support
the Republican Party, right down to the scanning errors.  Since I'm
editing and cleaning all that out I'm not at all worried about potential
copyright issues.

I do have one problem.  There is a page missing from the Republican
version which is therefore also missing from our version.  If anyone has
ready access to the original encyclopedia I would very much appreciate
if that page could be scanned and uploaded to the Francis Bacon talk
page.  I could then take and put an edited version at the appropriate
place in the article text.  The missing biographical page covers the
time period at the end of Elizabeth's reign, and the beginning of that
of James I including the execution of the Earl of Essex.

Thanks,  Eclecticology