[Wikipedia-l] 'Old Hands' -- spreading the power around

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia-l at math.ucr.edu
Mon Aug 5 06:20:20 UTC 2002

Pierre Abbat wrote in part:

>Old hand: Three different old hands together can block an IP address or a
>user. Maybe three old hands voting to delete the same article, with no
>intervening edits of the article, can delete it.

I think that this is too few for blocking IP addresses.
Certainly we shouldn't implement that right away.
I'd like to devolve power slowly as mav suggested.
Whether we need to get rid of sysops entirely (I'd like to too) or not,
we can figure out as the devolution goes along.

-- Toby Bartels
   <toby+wikipedia-l at math.ucr.edu>