[Wikipedia-l] Advanced free linking

Jeroen Heijmans j.heijmans at stud.tue.nl
Fri Aug 2 18:27:17 UTC 2002

With all the talk about extending the Wiki-syntax, I'd like to post this
extension I proposed earlier on SourceForge
(http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=586885&group_id=34373&atid=411195)
:

"To avoid piping, maybe we could use some features like the [[plural]]s
thing, which is rendered as [[plural|plurals]].

I propose:

* [[English] language]] --> [[English language|English]]
* [[George W. [Bush]] --> [[George W. Bush|Bush]]

the [ and ] are just an idea, I don't really care if another character
would be used."

I got positive reactions from Brion Vibber and Toby Bartels, who
proposed the additional extension of [[George ]W. [Bush]] --> [[George
Bush]].

Jeroen Heijmans