[Wikipedia-l] Proposal for table syntax

tarquin tarquin at planetunreal.com
Thu Aug 1 12:17:11 UTC 2002

Since Wiki markup often ignores single \n, my proposal could be modified
to *allow* several cells per line.
However, I think the following is easily graspable:
| Name
| Bill Clinton
| Musical instrument
| saxophone

It's *long* in raw form, yes. But it's also clean.

| Name| Bill Clinton
| Musical instrument | saxophone

This is good too, but there's more work involved in finding the limits
between data. One could use spaces to set it out nively in raw form --
but then if the data changes the spaces change. It's a bit faffy.

I think my motivation stems on part form the rapidly growing table of
phonemes on the SAMPA page.