[Wikipedia-l] If I queried the catalog, what would be there?

Brion L. VIBBER brion at pobox.com
Mon Apr 1 23:43:14 UTC 2002

On dim, 2002-03-31 at 14:22, Lorraine Lee wrote:
> I think I'm metadata-aware enough to be trusted with
> read-only SQL access to wikipedia, but I've been wrong
> in the past and can't think of anything immediately useful
> I'd do if I did have select access.
>
> Since it appears to be a fairly strongly copyleft project, I
> assume you have published its SQL data model?

The table setup statements are in "wikipedia.sql" in the source tree;
nothing's really documented as such, but it's mostly pretty
self-explanatory*. You can browse the files in the CVS repository:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/wikipedia/phpwiki/fpw/

* The cur_id, old_id, cur_old_version, and old_old_version fields are
used to put together linked lists of version histories.

A dump of the database (80 megs compressed) is available at:
http://www.wikipedia.com/tarballs/wikipedia_dump_20020321.sql.gz

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)