[Wikipedia-l] wikipedia server software availability enquiry

Michel Clasquin clasqm at mweb.co.za
Tue Oct 2 16:04:55 UTC 2001

On Monday 01 October 2001 22:59, Peter Lofting wrote:

> (2) if the software isn't available, could I set up a really
> specialized set of pages in the wikipedia itself?

Larry is going to blacklist me for even suggesting this, but this might be
a case where subpages are not such a bad idea ...

But may I suggest that even if you decide to go with your own wiki, you
upload the evolving standard to wikipedia once a month or so? Perhaps with
a message noting that editing it on the wikipedia will be a fairly futile
effort, since you will be overwriting it once a month, and if they want to
contribute they should contact you. That way your team could develop it
without interference  from the yahoos, and wikipedia would still have the
advantage of  making the information available.

--
Michel Clasquin, D Litt et Phil (Unisa)
clasqm at mweb.co.za/unisa.ac.za   http://www.geocities.com/clasqm

The first human being who hurled an insult instead of a stone
was the founder of civilisation.