[Wikipedia-l] Re: new language wikis

Larry Sanger lsanger at nupedia.com
Fri May 18 10:08:07 UTC 2001

Hey Jason, good work.

I've added a few words to each of the new wikis, including a link back to
the English-language "how to edit a page" instructions.

I've also completely changed the "International Wikipedia" page:

http://www.wikipedia.com/wiki/International_Wikipedia

and I've created several subpages of that page on which I hope we'll discuss
a few issues about policy.  E.g., should we encourage the French Wikipedia
to translate the English articles, if they exist already?  Should we
encourage efforts to coordinate, generally?  Should we encourage the
language wiki just to focus on issues related to their respective languages,
cultures, histories, etc.?  (To the latter, I think no.)  Etc.

Larry