[Wikipedia-l] Re: new language wikis

Jason Richey jasonr at aristotle.bomis.com
Fri May 18 00:20:11 UTC 2001

I made it a bit more sensible.  You can now access these wikis by
using their two character or three character identifiers, as defined
in the ISO 639 standard (http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/ert/iso639.htm).
Note that I have not added all of the languages from te webpage above,
only thos listed below.  You can now access the pages at any one of
many different urls.  For example, the chinese wiki is available at
zh.wikipedia.com, zho.wikipedia.com, chi.wikipedia.com, and
chinese.wikipedia.com.  They all point to the same data, so any url is
as good as the nex.  However, the "official" url is the one with the
two character code (zh.wikipedia.com in this example).  Hope this
works for everyone.

Jason

--
"Jason C. Richey" <jasonr at bomis.com>