[Wikipedia-l] Missed searches ?

Larry Sanger lsanger at nupedia.com
Fri Jun 15 12:00:06 UTC 2001

From: "Krzysztof P. Jasiutowicz" <kpjas at ceti.pl>
> Do we have a list of all missed searches ordered by number top-down
> somewhere ?
> If not - there should be one. In this way we could see what the users
> need.

Good idea--please add it to [[feature requests]]!

> BTW What do you think about user's perpective of Wikipedia ?
> Now we look at it as authors. Do we have users comments ? Do we need polls
> about Wikipedia development (for authors) and Wikipedia quality (for
users)
> ?

My first reaction is: I would not draw a distinction between users and
authors on Wikipedia, or that is the ideal.  The /Talk pages are for
comments, by everyone...that's how they're used, in fact.

But eventually, we are going to have a lot of readers, and many more readers
than writers.  So then it would be important to think about the reader's
experience.

Larry